Grilled cheese is good. Grilled cheese made with Sartori's Dolcina Gorgonzola and Peanut Brittle is out of this world! Barrie Lynn - The Cheese Impresario, created this amazing recipe for grilled cheese for the Grilled Cheese Invitational.
2 oz American whiskey (rye or bourbon)
3/4 oz sweet vermouth
1 dash Angostura bitters
4 oz Sartori Dolcina Gorgonzola
4 oz Peanut Brittle
4 slices rustic sourdough bread
- Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- On the opposite side of two pieces of bread, spread on 2 oz of the gorgonzola.
- Apply peanut brittle to cheese. Top with remaining pieces of bread, butter side up.
- Toast in a cast iron or non stick skillet for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.